System.Time.Clock Design Issues

Seth Kurtzberg seth at cql.com
Sun Feb 6 22:05:55 EST 2005

When you say "defined for all history and the future", does that mean
literally what it says?  It accounts for the adjustments to the Calendar
through various centuries, some of which are gaps of over a month (that
is, corrections to get the calendar back in the right place, by adding
more than a month or skipping more than a month)?  I only have one user
who bitches about this (he's an archeologist, so he has a reason,
although his expectation may not be as reasonable as his reason).  I'm
not saying this is a requirement, I'm simply asking whether TAI can
really handle these situations.

Seth

P.S.:  If anyone receives this message as HTML or as combined plain
text/html, please let me know.  I think I've got the problem solved as
long as haskell.org is in the address, but it may not be solved for
addresses in other domains (such as John's above).  Thanks, the response
will help me troubleshoot.  My logs are indicating that something went
out as plain text, but I still get complaints that they arrived as
html+plain text.  TIA