[Haskell] more newbie questions regarding do syntax, mondic context & Data.HashTable

Jean-Philippe Bernardy jeanphilippe.bernardy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 09:54:47 EST 2005

On 12/29/05, Hunter Kelly <retnuh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there, I'm having some trouble trying to get information out
> of a HashTable.
>
> I'm using it to represent a set (I'm using a hash table for O(1)
> speed reasons to compare against Data.Sets O(lgN) operations).

I don't think anyone has ever asked for a "pure" version of the
hashtable. (It could be frozen and thawed in the same fashion as
Arrays are). Maybe someone has written something like that and is
willing to share?

On the other hand, it's entirely possible that you can get away with
either Data.Map or saying within the IO monad.

Cheers,
JP.