System.Process documentation bugs

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at cs.chalmers.se
Sun Aug 21 14:42:08 EDT 2005

The documentation for System.Process.terminateProcess claims that
under Un*x the SIGKILL signal is sent to the process, whereas the
source uses SIGTERM. I would prefer if I could choose which signal to
use. (The System.Posix interface cannot be used with ProcessHandles.)

Furthermore the CVS log for base/cbits/runProcess.c states:

  getProcessExitCode(Unix): return some more useful values.  If the
  process doesn't exist, return (Just ExitSuccess).  This isn't ideal,
  but it's better than returning Nothing (which indicates the process is
  still running).

This should be included in the documentation, or preferably a more
detailed result should be returned.

--
/NAD