Cabal on OS X; ghc segfault?

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Wed Aug 10 23:04:47 EDT 2005

On 23/07/2005, at 12:12 AM, Gregory Wright wrote:

> I'm trying to get caballized package deployment working on Mac OS X.
>
> However, trying to build a package using runhaskell results in:
>

> crossroads-able> runhaskell Setup.hs configure
> Warning: No license-file field.
> Configuring harp-0.2...
> configure: searching for ghc in path.
> configure: found ghc at /opt/local/bin/ghc
> runhaskell: waitForProcess: interrupted (Interrupted system call)

Hi Gregory, you may be happy (I think :) to know I'm having this
problem too on Mac OS X, so it's not just you.  So far, I've found
that compiling Setup.hs ("ghc --make -o setup Setup.hs") and then
running the resulting ./setup executable has never caused a problem,
whereas I get the same waitForProcess error message that you do when
I use runhaskell.

It would be worthwhile seeing whether using GHCi to invoke Setup.hs
causes a similar problem.

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save  <http://www.algorithm.com.au/>