Cabal on OS X; ghc segfault?

Gregory Wright gwright at
Tue Aug 9 13:33:08 EDT 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 11:31 AM, Isaac Jones wrote:

> Gregory Wright <gwright at> writes:
> (snip)
>> the failure is
>> not related to what I am trying to build.  It doesn't matter if I run
>> the same command,
>>      runhaskell Setup.hs configure
>> in the haskell-src-exts subdirectory.  The failure is the same.
>> The failure also occurs if I try to configure an simple homemade
>> application using the cabal method on OS X.  The same test
>> application configures and builds correctly using cabal on FreeBSD
>> 5.4 under ghc-6.4.
> Can you tell us what version of Cabal and GHC you are using?
> peace,
>   isaac

Hi Isaac,

The failure was on ghc-6.4 using runhaskell as provided by the
compiler distribution. The OS was 10.4.2. The problem was also
reported to the ghc buglist as bug number 1249527.

The problem is fixed in the two ghc-6.4.1 snapshots I've built:
ghc- and 20050806.

I haven't tested the separate cabal distribution yet. I''l try to
test it
in the next couple of days.

Best Wishes,