finding the dependecies of cabal packages

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 06:23:25 EDT 2005

On 8/1/05, Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Using this abstraction, we could construct "ghci --cabal" very easily.
> Using it in Visual Haskell would be tricky, because I believe we have a
> different internal representation of PackageDescription.

I don't know what "ghci --cabal" mean, but I think that our internal
representation of PackageDescription could be useful in other
applications too. The difference between PackageDescription and our
representation is that the latter is more useful when you want to
interactivelly edit the package description. The advantage of
PackageDescription is that it is simpler and it is easier to
parse/pretty print values of this type.

Cheers,
  Krasimir