Cabal Issues

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Sat Apr 23 13:25:35 EDT 2005

Simon Marlow wrote:
>>Ashley Yakeley <ashley at semantic.org> writes:
>>Where do folks think that the docs should go?  Or should we add a
>>haddock-prefix flag to configure?
>
> GHC puts them in /usr/local/share/<package>/html
>
> Perhaps /usr/local/share/doc/<package>/html would be better?

Hmmm, I haven't followed this thread too closely, but SuSE (and a few
other distros I think) has all documentation for an RPM package below

    /usr/share/doc/packages/<package>

Perhaps we should follow some existing practice instead of being too
creative here. An issue with this is that we are talking about Haskell
packages here, not RPM packages, so maybe

    /usr/share/doc/packages/haskell-<package>

is a good idea. This mirrors e.g. the Perl/Python package documentation
habits. Having a separate subdirectory for the Haddock documentation
below that would be good, beacause there might be other documentation,
too. If "html" is the best name for this is another question...

Cheers,
    S.