Cabal compiling with profiling

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:36:22 EDT 2005

We need something more general in VSHaskell. Usually each project in
the Visual Studio environment has two configurations "Debug" and
"Release" but the user can define his own configurations. The only
difference between each configuration is in the command line switches
passed to the compiler. For Haskell projects this mean that each
configuration will have different HookedBuildInfo associated. The
profiling can be implemented in this more general framework if we add
"Profiling" configuration. I still don't have clear design for
configurations in Cabal. My first thought was that I can do this on
top of hooks API but I am not sure whether it will be flexible enough.

Cheers,
  Krasimir