Cabal bug?

Isaac Jones ijones at
Mon Apr 11 11:21:01 EDT 2005

Niklas Broberg <niklas.broberg at> writes:

> Name: hspr
> Version: 0.2
> License: PublicDomain
> Author: Niklas Broberg
> Maintainer: nibro at
> Build-Depends: base, haskell98, haskelldb, hsp
> GHC-Options: -F -pgmFtrhsx
> Executable: hspr
> Main-Is: HSPR.hs

Put the ghc-options in the executable stanza, since that's what you're
trying to build.

>> runhaskell Setup.hs configure
> Error: Non-empty library, but empty exposed modules list. Cabal may
> not build this library correctly
> The difference is the added GHC-Options, same thing happens if I try
> to add an Extensions rule. Is this an intended behavior?

Yep, that's the intended behavior.  The sanity checker has noticed
that you put the ghc-options field in the first stanza, for the
library, but since there aren't any exposed modules, there is no
library to build, so it complains.

The solution is to move the GHC-Options field to the executable