state of the cabal (preprocessors)

Henrik Nilsson nhn at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Mon Oct 25 11:53:20 EDT 2004

Malcolm Wallace writes:

 > Simon Marlow writes:
 > > and we should probably have a compiler-independent way to specify
 > > extensions.  Hmm, wasn't there a proposal for {-# LANGUAGE #-} at
 > > one time?

 > I agree this might be nice.  Didn't Cabal have some kind of
 > enumeration of language extensions at one time?

It still does, at least according to the infrastructure proposal
that's available on the Web. Here's the list of extensions:

OverlappingInstances | RecursiveDo | ParallelListComp |
MultiParamTypeClasses | NoMonomorphismRestriction |
FunctionalDependencies | RankNTypes | PolymorphicComponents |
ExistentialQuantification | ScopedTypeVariables | ImplicitParams |
FlexibleContexts | FlexibleInstances | EmptyDataDecls |
TypeSynonymInstances | TemplateHaskell | ForeignFunctionInterface |
AllowOverlappingInstances | AllowUndecidableInstances |
AllowIncoherentInstances | InlinePhase | ContextStack | Arrows |
Generics | NoImplicitPrelude | NamedFieldPuns | ExtensibleRecords |
RestrictedTypeSynonyms | HereDocuments | UnsafeOverlappingInstances

/Henrik

--
Henrik Nilsson
School of Computer Science and Information Technology
nhn at cs.nott.ac.uk