Building Haddock on Windows

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at
Fri Oct 22 13:03:02 EDT 2004

Graham Klyne wrote:
> I think this has come up before, but I can't find an answer.  How can I
> build Haddock under Windows?  I've got the Haddock distribution, and it
> has a 'building.sgml' file, but I can't find a processed version (e.g.
> HTML or PDF) of this document.

Well, there is a processed version on

But that's probably not exactly what you're looking for. It only describes
in very general terms how to build the fptools suite.

> I also can't find any online documentation for building Haddock. [...]

This is not exactly "documentation", but at least it's online:  :-)

The .spec file describes exactly what has to be done to build Haddock, at
least if you've got a Unix-like environment (e.g. cygwin, MinGW/MSYS). It
boils down to the the usual:

    ./configure --prefix=<WhereverYouWantItToBeInstalledLater>
    make html
    make install

Alex and Happy are built in exactly the same way, BTW. But perhaps Sigbjorn
has some ultra-secret scripts/tools for generating an *.msi... :-]