Haskell Libraries Wishlist

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Tue Oct 12 15:16:22 EDT 2004

John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> writes:

> E-Mail header, MIME codec      Composing or parsing e-mail messages

Peter Simons wrote hsemail, http://cryp.to/hsemail/
Peter Thiemann wrote WASHMail as part of WASH.

> Base64 encode/decode           Render binary strings in ASCII
>                                Required to do MIME

I've seen several Base64 libs. More details if google doesn't turn up
anything.

Dominic Steinitz' CryptoLib - http://www.haskell.org/crypto/ReadMe.html

> (n)curses interface            Full-screen text interfaces

John Meacham wrote a binding for ginsu, Ian Lynagh wrote a binding that may not
be publically released (not sure).

> [ng]dbm interface              Persistent hash storage

I think I've heard of one, I'd have to google to be sure.

> mimetypes, mailcap support     Discover MIME types of files and
>                                appropriate apps to use to handle
>                                files

WASHMail has some support for this and MIME encoded emails.

> Maildir, mbox, MH, IMAP client Access e-mail storage systems
> support

I've written some ugly but mostly functional mbox code as part of
curryspondence.

> FTP, NNTP, SMTP client support Connect to appropriate servers

Thomas Hallgren wrote InternetLib, not sure if it requires Fudgets or not.

Richard Braakman wrote a (partial?) FTP implementation as part of his harc
source control project.

> IPv6 Support                   Obvious :-)
I'd really like this, but haven't gotten around to trying to make it work in
GHC. Shouldn't be too hard though.

Part of my lost list of Haskell wishes:
GHC-approved SDL binding (there are several partial implementations)
Arrow-based Parsec-alike
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - Programmer - http://www.ScannedInAvian.org/
"I will, as we say in rock 'n' roll, run until the wheels come off,