The Fudgets Library

David Owen d_w_o at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 30 12:22:39 EST 2004

Hello all,

I've just joined the mailing list and I'm seeking some help.

I am having trouble installing and using the Fudgets library.  I am using
SuSe Linux 9.0 and Fudgets version h13w May 2002.  I have tried to install
the library for use with both of the recommended Haskell compilers:
HBC-0.9999.5b and GHC version 5.02.3 (these are the  closest versions I
could find to those recommended).

I think I have added the necessary directories to my path such as HBC when
using the HBC compiler, and also GHC and HMake when using the GHC compiler.

When I attempt to compile a Fudgets program using ./hbcxmake Main
I receive the message "Fail:Missing source file: Fudgets.hi (fsopenfile: not
a plain file)".

I am unable to compile at all with GHC as the 'Happy' parser generator it
requires will not install.

Should any of you know why I am unable to compile Fudgets programs I would
be most grateful.  And if someone is able to supply step-by-step idiot proof
instructions for installing and compiling any Fudgets version (using either
compiler) then that would be superb.

Without the Fudgets library I am not sure how to go about building a GUI
client/server application such as a web browser in Haskell.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

best regards

David
Swansea, United Kingdom