Data.FiniteMap proposed addition, bug fix

Jean-Philippe Bernardy jeanphilippe.bernardy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:35:50 EST 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 15:22:53 +0000, Graham Klyne <gk at ninebynine.org> wrote:
> At 13:06 09/11/04 +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> >On 09 November 2004 12:45, Graham Klyne wrote:
> >
> > > I'd like to propose an addition to the FiniteMap module in the form
> > > of a monadic version of plusFM_C.  The proposed implementation is
> > > pretty much a copy of the existing implementation within a do block.
> >
> >Data.FiniteMap will shortly be deprecated in favour of DData.Map (which
> >will be renamed to Data.Map when it is imported).  Perhaps you'd like to
> >reformulate the proposal using Data.Map instead?
>

> Proposed addition:
[***]

Ok, but in order to have a consistent interface, we'll need monadic
versions of a lot of functions: there are Set, IntMap, IntSet types,
and intersection, difference, etc. Might be a lot of work. A solution
may be to make standard versions a special case of the monadic ones,
still I wonder about performance issues.

Cheers,
JP.