DData

Daan Leijen daanleijen at xs4all.nl
Mon May 17 17:59:53 EDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:36:27 +0200, Robert Will <robert.will at stud.tu-ilmenau.de> wrote:

> [...]

Hmm, I think you are right. As "balance" will force structure on the entire
tree it seems that removing the strictness on the branches will be safe. It still
could lead to "drag" -- but it may also speed up many applications due to
less explicit evaluation (as remarked by Simon). Let the benchmark be the judge than :-)

-- Daan.