DData

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Mon May 17 16:52:54 EDT 2004

Simon Marlow wrote:
> I'm not sure what page faults is measuring, but the fact that you get
> significantly different results today is disturbing!

Today there's additionally running a fat (600MB) vmware on davinci.
I thought page faults somehow correlate with memory consumption. Have
you a better idea to measure time and space? I did profiling as well,
but then sometimes profiling dates (-p) became better, while actual
performance decreased.

> You can play the {-# UNPACK #-} trick in the IntMap code too, BTW.
-- | A map of integers to values @a at .

data IntMap a = Nil
               | Tip !Key a
               | Bin !Prefix !Mask !(IntMap a) !(IntMap a)

On Prefix and Mask?

When I omitted the "!" in " !k a !(Map k a) !(Map k a)"

time was faster but page faults increased:

Map-only:   7.37    29767

Christian