Win32 process spawning, POpen and Hugs, revisited

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Wed Mar 17 15:01:34 EST 2004

Simon,

Further to my previous message, this abstraction looks reasonable to me.

If I ever manage to get the POpen module working, I think the code will
adapt very easily to most of this interface.  I do think your naming is
more helpful.

One area where I'm wary:  your runInteractiveProcess returns a process
handle, which can be used for further synchronization with the offspring
process.  I wonder if (a) this is really needed, and (b) if it might expose
some awkward interactions with the interactive I/O streams.  I don't have a
particular problem in mind, just concerned that this might turn tricky in
the future.

#g