hierarchical libraries documentation index

Martin Sjögren msjogren at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 09:16:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:30:23 +0100, Duncan Coutts
<duncan.coutts at worcester.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 11:31, Ross Paterson wrote:
> > How about omitting the modules of the haskell98 package from the
> > Haskell Hierarchical Libraries documentation index?  They're not
> > particularly hierarchical, and they're documented elsewhere.
> > Having them in the doc index makes the docs look bad.
>
> Having a central place for documentation is rather nice, I use it as a
> reference all the time. If we don't want to put haddock documentation of
> the standard H98 libs here could we at least keep them and put a http
> link to where they are documented.
>
> That way if someone searches for a function name or some other part of
> the hierarchical libraries documentation makes reference to a standard
> function then the standard function will at least come up and at the top
> of the page it could have a link to where the function is documented.
>
> Personally I think it'd be nice to have haddock documentation for the
> H98 standard libs too, just as a reference. But I understand that would
> be rather a lot of work for someone.

I think it would be nice to have the docs split up per-package. I.e.
one page for haskell98, one for base, one for unix etc. Of course,
there could be a complete page of everything too, but I find it's a
pain to navigate it because it's so long...

/Martin