new release of LIP prototype API

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Tue Feb 17 22:58:40 EST 2004

Greetings,

I just uploaded a new release of the Library Infrastructure prototype
API for Distribution.Package and the command-line utility
"haskell-config".  The API for package configuration is included
below, FYI.

I'm going to be focusing more on the Build stuff (rather than the
packaging stuff) for a little while, but with luck, this can be near
to finalization soon.

The web page is here:
http://www.haskell.org/libraryInfrastructure/

Feedback and volunteers for coding are always welcome :)

peace,

isaac

ps. I'm using arch (tla) for version control, so if you've been
wanting to check it out, now is a good time :)

lookupPackage :: PackageDB -> PkgIdentifier -> Maybe PackageConfig
addPackage :: PackageDB -> PackageConfig -> PackageDB

delPackage :: PackageDB -> PkgIdentifier -> (PackageDB, Bool)
allPackages :: PackageDB -> [PackageConfig]
createPackageDB :: FilePath -> (PackageDB -> IO PackageDB) -> IO ()

withPackageDB :: FilePath
              -> (PackageDB -> IO (PackageDB, a))
              -> IO a

userPkgConfigLocation   :: String -> FilePath
userPkgConfigLocation home = home ++ "/.haskell/packages.conf"

systemPkgConfigLocation :: FilePath
systemPkgConfigLocation = "/etc/haskell/packages.conf"

PackageConfig(..),
PkgIdentifier(..),
License(..),
Dependency(..),