ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Fri Dec 17 11:03:33 EST 2004
* How about replacing the modules field with hidden-modules, to avoid
* setup install and register have --user and --system flags, which seem
to offer a choice at that point, but one has to have anticipated this
choice when supplying the --prefix flag to configure. How about a
--user-prefix flag to configure (with a sensible default) to say where
user packages are installed?
* It would be useful to have alternatives in dependencies, e.g. HGL
could depend on X11 | Win32.
* The compilerBinaryName for Hugs should be "ffihugs" (which compiles
* moveSources seems misnamed, because it copies rather than moving, and
operates on the relult of building as well as sources.
* Could singleStanza ignore comments like splitStanzas does?
* How about using a new data type for parse results instead of Either?
That would remove the dependency on mtl, which will help with bootstrapping.
I know there is Distribution.Compat.Error, but that defines a Monad
instance for Either, so it one uses that there'll be trouble later if
some program includes both Cabal and mtl.
More information about the Libraries