Cabal and installing packages.

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 7 08:11:21 EST 2004

On 07 December 2004 12:30, Keean Schupke wrote:

> As someone who nearly always uses -fvia-C, I find there are just as
> many nifty performance enhancing flags usable for example:
>
> -O2 -fvia-C -ffast-math -mfpmath=sse,387 -fomit-frame-pointer
> -fexpensive-optimizations

Interesting that you use -fomit-frame-pointer, especially since the
frame pointer register is already used for another purpose by GHC on x86
:-)

And I think you forgot -optc-O2 and -fexcess-precision, although I'm not
entirely sure what -fexcess-precision does in conjuction with
-mfpmath=sse.

Cheers,
	Simon