Cabal and installing packages.

Keean Schupke k.schupke at
Fri Dec 3 15:30:21 EST 2004

I think it can all be done from a client side program. As cabal provides
dependencies, and compile/install scripts it can simply download from
Hackage and call the scripts. It sounds like the client could be quite
simple, using the HTTP client libraries, then a set of system calls to
run the scripts...

But I see what you are saying too, a program to convert a cabal-package
into say an ebuild for gentoo. A small problem is gentoo's emerge does
not pass parameters to the scripts, so you would have to have an ebuild
for every haskell package.