Filename handling (was: Remaining bugs in Cabal under Windows)

Krasimir Angelov ka2_mail at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 09:44:17 EDT 2004

--- Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:
> I think there's general agreement that this would be
> a good thing, but
> discussion never seems to reach a conclusion.
> Anyone like to whip up a
> concrete proposal?

The functions collected in Distribution.Simple.Utils
are good starting point. I would like to have
something like Data.FilePath in the base package but
this module should be marked as *experimental* for a
while. Haddock also have some filepath related
functions which are basicaly the same as these in
Cabal.

Cheers,
  Krasimir