dashes in cabal package names

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 6 07:42:38 EDT 2004

On 31 July 2004 18:42, Isaac Jones wrote:

> Does anyone have any objection to allowing dashes within Cabal pacakge
> names?  This might impact the parser for HC-PKG, but that's the way it
> is now, and seems to make the most sense.
>
> I think the only change to HC-PKG would be to use a non-dash separator
> between the package and version; we can decide exactly how to do that
> at a later time.

Dashes in package names?  Absolutely.  I don't think you need a non-dash
separator between the package name and the version number, just take the
last dash in the package id as the name-version separator.

(I really like the <pkgname>-<version> format, probably because it's so
widespread these days).

Cheers,
	SImon