Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Wed Apr 7 18:59:22 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 07 Apr 2004 10:11 am, Sven Panne wrote:
> I really like to support Simon here: We need better support for some
> concrete basic data structures in the base package (in plain old Haskell98,
> of course). Waiting for consensus on *the* Grand Unified Framework (tm)
> will lead us nowhere, the design space is simply too large.

Me too, this discussion reminds me of the (now aborted AFAIK) attempt
to define the grand unified GUI API :-) What we want (well what I want)
as a starting point is some non-toy implementations of basic data

There may be many useful higher level and unifying abstractions, but which
one (if any) is the "best" only time will tell. In any case, I think they
will all benefit if decent implementations of the underlying data
structures are available.

Adrian Hey