DData

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Wed Apr 7 18:59:22 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 07 Apr 2004 10:11 am, Sven Panne wrote:
> I really like to support Simon here: We need better support for some
> concrete basic data structures in the base package (in plain old Haskell98,
> of course). Waiting for consensus on *the* Grand Unified Framework (tm)
> will lead us nowhere, the design space is simply too large.

Me too, this discussion reminds me of the (now aborted AFAIK) attempt
to define the grand unified GUI API :-) What we want (well what I want)
as a starting point is some non-toy implementations of basic data
structures.

There may be many useful higher level and unifying abstractions, but which
one (if any) is the "best" only time will tell. In any case, I think they
will all benefit if decent implementations of the underlying data
structures are available.

Regards
--
Adrian Hey