DData

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Mon Apr 5 17:42:38 EDT 2004

Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> If I remember correctly, DData was intended to be the next-generation standard
> set of collection modules.  So, maybe, we should just name the modules
> Data.Map, Data.Seq, etc.  I think, it was already said that this should
> probably be done.

If that's the case, it's fine with me. It should then be in the base package,
not in a separate one.

> A problem is Data.Set but there may be a solution for this. [...]

I've just made a quick test, and it seems that there exists a simple solution
for this: For a transitional time, Data.Set exports both the old API (and marks
it as DEPRECATED) and the new API, which is easy because there is no incompatible
overlap.

Cheers,
    S.