Heirarchical name space allocation /Trees

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 2 11:37:11 EST 2004

| specific optimisations).  Of course anyone may disagree.  (Btw,
| documenting all the really innovative stuff in official publications
will
| take some time, so if you want to wait...).

Robert, let me encourage you to do this writing.  Debates on the Haskell
libraries list have a narrow audience; a paper has a far wider audience.
Furthermore, the process of writing a paper often has an incredibly
beneficial effect on the ideas being described.   And the paper will
still be read long after the implementations it describes have turned to
dust -- papers infect people's brains which is the most powerful form of
software propagation of all.

The Haskell workshop might be a good venue.

Simon