Heirarchical name space allocation /Trees

Robert Will robertw at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Fri Apr 2 10:04:49 EST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Christian Maeder wrote:

> Modules better support encapsulation (information hiding),
> classes allow for overloading of names.

The old prejudice again...

Modules only hide names.  Real information hiding requires specifications
(or contracts, or refinement, or whatever you call them).  You can do that
with modules or with classes.  I think classes are better, the proposed
Abstract Collections do it with classes, this works fine.  Nobody yet did
it with modules...

Robert