Packages

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Mon Sep 15 00:18:53 EDT 2003

In article
<3429668D0E777A499EE74A7952C382D1CF5C84 at EUR-MSG-01.europe.corp.microsoft
.com>,
 "Simon Marlow" <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:

>   Meta-data that describes the package
>     - Dependencies, expressed as a set of triples
>          (package identifier, version range, grafting location)

This raises an issue.

Someone releases package foo. I release a package bar that uses foo,
where foo is grafted at A.B.Foo. Someone else wants to use bar, but they
have foo grafted at C.D.Foo, because they also have a completely
unrelated otherfoo grafted at A.B.Foo. Does their use of bar force foo
to be grafted at the same place I grafted it at?

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA