RealWorld

Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:36:34 +0100

I prefer IORegion myself, because the 's' parameter of the monad isn't
really the state type itself; it's more like a name for the state.  The
real state can have a type like (State s).  The 's' parameter keeps
different states separate; it's not the state itself.  So region is
good.

but i'm not going to die in the trenches for this one!  Having said my
piece, I'll shut up

Simon

|=20
| Ross Paterson wrote:
| > On reflection, IORegion sounds a bit operational; perhaps IOState is
| > better (though I see the name is used in HOpenGL for something
else). [...]
|=20
| No problem here, it's just an internal module/type with a rather
| ad-hoc name.
|=20
| Cheers,
|     S.