Simon Peyton-Jones
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:36:34 +0100

I prefer IORegion myself, because the 's' parameter of the monad isn't
really the state type itself; it's more like a name for the state.  The
real state can have a type like (State s).  The 's' parameter keeps
different states separate; it's not the state itself.  So region is

but i'm not going to die in the trenches for this one!  Having said my
piece, I'll shut up