Special Invitation :-) HC&A Report (November 2003) (fwd)

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Wed Oct 29 12:37:33 EST 2003

"Simon Peyton-Jones" <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:

> Good.  I hope Isaac will do a write up of his own.

Working on it :)

Also, I wrote up something quickly for the Haskell Debian Users group.
Any suggestions?  It's on the wiki (for direct editing), or you can
follow up on-list.

http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/DebianUsers

   There are many Debian users in the Haskell community, and they have
   recently begun an initiative to form a more coherent group. This
   involves serious packaging work, especially by Ian Lynagh to bring
   new binary versions of GHC, NHC, and other packages to various
   versions of Debian.

   The community is working toward a solution for the longstanding
   problems with binary distribution of Haskell packages, with
   discussion taking place on the wiki
   (http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/DebianUsers). It is hoped that the
   Library Infrastructure Project will help with this.

   In order to provide backports, bleeding edge versions of Haskell
   tools, and a place for experimentation with packaging ideas, Isaac
   Jones has started the "Haskell Experimental" Debian archive
   (http://www.syntaxpolice.org/haskell-experimental/haskell-experimental.html)
   where a wide variety of packages can be found.

peace,

isaac