XML DTD for the package configuration file

Iavor Diatchki diatchki at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Oct 16 10:25:07 EDT 2003

this mail does not contain anything constructive, but i thought i'd post
it just so that it doesn't seem that haskell users are indifferent.
i sincerely hope we don't use xml (or any variation of it) in the
haskell libraries.  good reasons of why not to use it have already been

Isaac Jones wrote:
> This is my first attempt at an XML DTD.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions for good XML references either a book or a web site?
> Google seems to be suffering from too much XML information.  Is there
> a Haddock / Javadoc type way to notate a DTD?  Should I be using
> schemas?  Are they overkill?  What do you think of the style?
> Sometimes I have trouble choosing between using an attribute, and
> using a nested element.  For instance:

| Iavor S. Diatchki, Ph.D. student               |
| Department of Computer Science and Engineering |
| School of OGI at OHSU                          |
| http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~diatchki               |