XML DTD for the package configuration file

Iavor Diatchki diatchki at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Oct 16 10:25:07 EDT 2003

hello,
this mail does not contain anything constructive, but i thought i'd post
it just so that it doesn't seem that haskell users are indifferent.
i sincerely hope we don't use xml (or any variation of it) in the
haskell libraries.  good reasons of why not to use it have already been
posted.
bye
iavor

Isaac Jones wrote:
> This is my first attempt at an XML DTD.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions for good XML references either a book or a web site?
> Google seems to be suffering from too much XML information.  Is there
> a Haddock / Javadoc type way to notate a DTD?  Should I be using
> schemas?  Are they overkill?  What do you think of the style?
> Sometimes I have trouble choosing between using an attribute, and
> using a nested element.  For instance:

| Iavor S. Diatchki, Ph.D. student               |
| Department of Computer Science and Engineering |
| School of OGI at OHSU                          |
| http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~diatchki               |