implementation of file-related modules

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Wed Oct 15 00:11:48 EDT 2003

Hal Daume III <hdaume at ISI.EDU> writes:

> For the last, see:
>
>   http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2003-July/012314.html
>
> and replies.

I forgot about this thread.  I knew I'd been thinking about this for a
few months, now I know why ;)

> I still want *something* rather than nothing.  Nice would even be:
>
>   makePath :: [FilePath] -> IO FilePath

And likewise, I think you'd want a way to parse a path into its
components.

About the drives in Windows, java has a function somewhere called "get
roots" which on unix will give you "/" and on windows will give you
"C:", "D:", etc.  This makes sense to me.

But about the case sensitivity, I have no idea.  I agree that
something would be better than nothing.

peace,

isaac