implementation of file-related modules

Jan-Willem Maessen jmaessen at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 9 11:44:16 EDT 2003

Alastair Reid <alastair at> writes:
> Following Java's lead and using configuration files to localize a
> system would potentially allow us to ship portable bytecode files
> around from one platform to another.

Actually, just delaying binding to System.Directory.Native would be
enough (and I bet in such a system we'd want to delay binding to the

> A general mechanism for accessing configuration strings would be useful.

Anyone taking up this task would get to choose a format.  A chance to
foist your aesthetics on the community!  Surely that's irresistable to

-Jan-Willem Maessen
jmaessen at