hirarchical modules

Eray Ozkural erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Fri, 30 May 2003 04:51:41 +0300

On Friday 30 May 2003 02:49, Peter Simons wrote:
> By the way, C++'s namespaces have almost the same deficit and they
> effectively failed to fulfill their purpose because of it. (I can
> elaborate this, if anyone's interested in my opinion. I believe much
> can be learned from C++'s strengths and weaknesses today.)

C++'s namespaces suffer from other serious drawbacks of the language.

Of course both languages have much weaker module systems than ocaml. (haha
yes, I'm an evil ocaml hacker, too) but you could use namespaces quite well
in C++ despite the fact that it sucks.

To be honest, I think C++ is the perfect example of terrible design after
having it used for many many years, it's hard to change my mind due to that
torment. At least I was wise enough to cancel many C++ projects I had on my
mind.

Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara  KDE Project: http://www.kde.org
www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction: http://mp3.com/ariza