Library reviewing (was: RE: Haskell library infrastructure coordinator)

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 12:58:45 +0100

Peter Simons writes:

> My idea was that a library was to be discussed ("reviewed") on this
> list before it was included in the stable repository, so that
> duplication of code can be avoided.

Peer reviewing of libraries is a good idea, and I'd like to see us doing
more of that for the libraries in general.

I think I'm proposing that if there's a review process, that it be
adopted consistently rather than just for the haskell-libs project.
Would you (Peter, or anyone else) like to put together a proposal for
how this might work?  Something that can be included in the library
document would be ideal.

Cheers,
	Simon