Haskell library infrastructure coordinator

Andrew J Bromage ajb@spamcop.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 14:26:56 +1000

G'day all.

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 12:12:18AM +0200, Peter Simons wrote:

> Again, I refer to boost.org. The project is doing exactly what I
> proposed, and it has lifted the C++ language to another level. They
> have practically taken over the language and library development for
> the new C++ Standard there! So the idea can't be that bad after all.

Boost is a little more structured than what we want, I think.  They
emphasise good software engineering practices, such as code reviews.
For libraries that we want part of the standard, we may want to follow
that.  For others, we probably won't want to go that far.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage