Haskell library infrastructure coordinator

Wed, 28 May 2003 12:51:18 +0100

Peter

| I wanted to write up a proposal regarding the organization of a
| >central< library infrastructure for weeks=20

Terrific!

|  ... So I guess now is the time to do or die.

No, no, absolutely not!  The idea is *not* that the coordinator goes
into a corner and produces something that s/he imposes on the rest of
us.  The idea is that s/he asks for ideas, makes proposals, and
moderates the process of melding those ideas into a design we can all
support.

Step 1 : identify coordinator
Step 2 : propose designs, discuss, evolve consensus
Step 3 : implement

My message only concerned step 1.  Yours is about step 2.  Which is
excellent, but it *isn't* do-or-die time for step 2. =20

Simon