Persistant (as in on disk) data

mike V mivori@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:19:43 +1100

>well, it is your choice to think of it as you like, but this is not what
>my original mail was about.  i think the ability to make data persistant
>is a useful one and it should be as transperant to the programmer as
>possible.  when i write something like:

I, on the other hand, believe that the original tact - serialisation as in
"Show" - is a useful, necessary thing, and something that should be
available across Haskell implementations.

It seems to me that the only thing that is preventing such a library, is
agreement on the detail, as distinct from "persistence" of the form desired
by iavor, where it appears some experimentation will be required.

I am more than willing to document what appear to be the open issues and
work through this mail list to gain a consensus on them, with the goal at
hand: some document similar to the FFI addendum, provided, of course,  there
is some support for this.

Michael Vorin

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp