Readline (was Re: state of ghc6 on sparc)

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:45:35 +0100

=20
> Alastair Reid <alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk> writes:
>=20
> > It would be nice to have those bindings but just having=20
> backspace and=20
> > left-right cursors work would already be a huge improvement=20
> over nothing.
>=20
> OK, here is my contribution.  The attached module SimpleLineEditor
> is API-compatible with readline, and is a slight elaboration of
> the line editor currently distributed as part of hmake interactive.

It seems to behave strangely here:  I can delete the prompt, and if I
move the cursor to the left and delete some characters, the characters
to the right of the cursor don't move.  Also, the backspace key doesn't
work, although C-Backspace does work (backspace works fine with
readline).  This is in an xterm; in a cygwin shell window different
strange things happen.

Cheers,
	Simon