Existing libraries and tools

Alastair Reid alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:22:22 +0100

Whilst we're thinking about library infrastructure, binary packages, orphaned
libraries, etc.  I just found what I think is the most comprehensive list of
Haskell libraries and tools in existence.  This list is basically all the
Haskell-related FreeBSD ports for:

  http://www.freshports.org/haskell/

It's a very impressive list - far more comprehensive than for any other
platform.

A very useful feature is that each entry includes links to the homepages of
libraries and tools so it's easy to find a source package if you don't happen
to use FreeBSD.

I realized how useful this list was while creating a table of which libraries
are available on which packaging systems.  The table is near the bottom of:

   http://haskell.org/hawiki/LibrariesAndTools

Apologies for any errors. Please make any necessary corrections directly...

--
Alastair Reid