monad transformer library

Iavor Diatchki diatchki@cse.ogi.edu
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 01:23:13 -0700 (PDT)

hello,

sorry for the slow reply, i've been travelling for the last few days
and now i am finally adjusting to europian time :-)

> You do know that in GHC (though not Hugs) you can say
>
> 	newtype Foo = MkFoo Baz deriving( Monad, MyClass, This, That )

i remember experimenting with this using one of the earlier
implementations, and something didn't work when i was trying to derive
multiparameter classes with functional dependencies (GHC crashed).  i will
give it another go using GHC 6.0 to make sure that it works.

as for the library i think that we should perhaps stick with the type
synonims for the time being until at least hugs supports the deriving
extension.

bye
iavor