Libraries and hierarchies

Iavor Diatchki diatchki@cse.ogi.edu
Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:03:26 +0000

hi,

Simon Marlow wrote:
> Since this whole topic is rather hard to think about (I constantly find
> myself thinking in circles, anyway), could I ask you to elaborate on the
> scheme you had in mind?
same here :-)  ergh, now that i understand your proposal better this is
probably not very relevant.  i was thinking that there is no essential
difference between the issue of unique module names, and unique package
names, as one can always make the package name part of the module name.
however, simon pj pointed out (and i agree) that the package name may be
quite ugly (i.e. include versioning etc) and it would be nicer if they
are not visibale in source code.

bye
iavor

| Iavor S. Diatchki, Ph.D. student               |
| Department of Computer Science and Engineering |
| School of OGI at OHSU                          |
| http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~diatchki               |