possible bug in Eq of packedStrings

David Roundy droundy@abridgegame.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:04:15 -0400

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:26:40AM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:

> The right fix is to use Data.PackedString instead of PackedString (no
> package lang required).  Data.PackedString is a complete
> re-implementation and doesn't suffer from the bug you reported (that's
> not to say it doesn't have different bugs though!).

Ah, that's good news! I had no idea they were different, and actually was
sometimes importing one and sometimes the other! From now on I'll stick
with Data.PackedString (which should also increase the usefulness of my bug
reports, as they'll always be against the same version).
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org