FW: First Attempt at Crypto Library

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
24 Apr 2003 08:21:59 +0200

Andrew J Bromage <ajb@spamcop.net> writes:

> This case is fairly simple.  The Jpeg codec does not encode/decode
> "binaries", it handles abstract "images".

It handles binary data, surely?  But I'm quite convinced that the word
"binary" has way too many interpretations, and applies in way too many
cases, to be a good name for a level in a library hierarchy.

> I'm still not convinced that Codec.Image makes sense in isolation from
> a representation of "images".  It's hard to see what you'd do with such
> a library without some other image handling stuff.

What do you mean - are you talking about a *module* Codec.Image as
opposed to a directory (which is, AFAIK, the only suggestion
previously on the table)?

-kzm