IOError vs. Exception vs. IOException

Andrew Moran moran@galois.com
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:37:27 -0800

On Monday 04 November 2002 07:15 am, Simon Marlow wrote:

> I'm really not arguing either way, in fact I like the change, but
> perhaps we should think hard before breaking code.  I haven't heard
> anyone else comment so far on whether they like/dislike the current
> Exception interface... anyone?

Strongly dislike the current interface, in particular the fact that I hav=
e to=20
scrutinize import lists to determine which catch/try I'm using, or always=
 use=20
fully-qualified versions.  Having a type distinction is far preferable.  =
I=20
also like the way Ross' proposal moves more things into Haskell98.IO.

Cheers,

Andy

--=20
Andy Moran                                              Ph.  (503) 526 34=
72
Galois Connections Inc.                                 Fax. (503) 350 08=
33
3875 SW Hall Blvd.                                    http://www.galois.c=
om
Beaverton, OR 97005                                        moran@galois.c=