something akin to Java's "package" in libraries

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
04 Mar 2002 08:58:29 +0100

"Simon Marlow" <simonmar@microsoft.com> writes:

> On the other hand, I haven't been working with any modules that go
> more than 3 deep in the hierarchy, so I'd like to hear feedback from
> someone writing a library with multiple modules that lives deep in
> the hierarchy (Sven - perhaps you qualify with
> Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.GL?).

Then make it wider!  The main point of having a hierarchical
namespace, is, IMO, to avoid namespace collisions.  (You don't need to
use Usenet or DNS for a long time to realise that a hierarchy isn't
well suited for searching)  For all I care, OpenGL might be a top
level namespace. :-)

-kzm