Draft Libraries Document

Malcolm Wallace malcolm@abbess.demon.co.uk
Thu, 31 May 2001 22:30:30 +0100

Simon Marlow wrote:

> >       http://www.haskell.org/~simonmar/libraries/libraries.html
>
> has been updated, now contains descriptions of the top-level names in
> the hierarchy,

I notice you have gone for a "Numeric" category, rather than the
"Mathematics" top-level category suggested by Dylan.  I know there
hasn't been much discussion about the layout and contents of the
specifically mathematical parts of the hierarchy, but Dylan's is
the only current proposal from anyone who claims to know the subject
in depth.  :-)  My instinct would be to go with the more general
"Mathematics", whatever we later decided to put inside it.

Regards,
    Malcolm