Proposal: module namespaces.

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:27:30 +0000

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 05:33:26AM -0800, Ashley Yakeley wrote:
> At 2001-02-26 09:59, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
>
> >Proposal 2
> >----------
> >Adopt a standardised namespace layout to help those looking for or
> >writing libraries,
>
> I'm a big fan of the Java reversed DNS style. Whatever, I think it's
> important that anyone with a domain name should be able to obtain a
> unique namespace without any further bureaucracy.

I'd go for e-mail address (with @ replaced by a . as in DNS records) as
an option as some people have a shared domain name but work on seperate
projects, or have no domain name at all. I'd also agree with Simon
Marlow (I think) that it should be these that are under user. or
something rather than the standard ones under std.

--
Ian Lynagh - <igloo@earth.li>
http://c93.keble.ox.ac.uk/~ian/haskell/