Glasgow mafia meeting at PLDI

Alastair David Reid reid@cs.utah.edu
25 Jun 2001 23:05:39 -0600

Alastair David Reid <reid@cs.utah.edu> wrote,

Manuel M T Chakravarty <chak@cse.unsw.edu.au> writes:
> *sigh* Could we leave the rhetoric to Craig Mundie?  Everybody
> thinks that "contamination" is bad.  This is why such words are not
> helpful in a technical discussion.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to get into that sort of argument.

I needed a word for <whatever it is that LGPL does which has
consequences for some/all non-LGPL code that is linked/compiled
against it and/or combined with> and the only words I could think of
are the ones the anti-GPL folk use.  The quotes round the word were
intended to mean that the meaning wasn't simply contaminate.

I should have hunted harder for a word since, as you say, it's not
helpful to use those words.

--
Alastair Reid        reid@cs.utah.edu        http://www.cs.utah.edu/~reid/